| 100 Days |
The main focus for this month is worldbuilding on the Blacktree storyverse. My daily wordcount goals are 500 words bare minimum, 1,000 words average, 1,500 words or more when I can do it. I'm kind of curious to see if I can write 42,000 words this month (averaging 1,500 words per day) but I'll set my initial goal at 28,000 words for the month and see how it goes.
- 2,410 words; worked on Pinch 1 of the 7 Point Story Structure for Unchained; chased a plot bunny.
- 508 words; worked on the midpoint for Unchained.
- 2,029 words; finished the midpoint of Unchained and got started on Pinch 2.
- 1,521 words; worked on Pinch 2 of Unchained.
- 1,507 words; finished the 7PSS of Unchained, went over it with a highlighter. I passed the 50,000 word mark for 2017.
- 2,008 words; worked on a character profile, worked on highlighting the 7PSS.
- 2,004 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 1,535 words; prompt.
- 1,480 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 529 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 1,702 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 1,964 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 850 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 868 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 1,736 words; worked on a Blacktree "who's-who."
- 956 words; worked on a Blacktree "who's-who."
- 858 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
- 1,962 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile, scribbled a random scene.
- 1,494 words; worked on Blacktree character profiles.
- 3,018 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile, finished the scene.
- 5,012 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile, changed a character's name, did a prompt from dailyprompt , noodled a little on TFGP.
- 4,076 words; prompt.
- 2,216 words; named a major Blacktree character, noodled; worked on the format of my character profiles.
- 1,035 words; worked on the format of my character profiles.
- 599 words; worked on the format of my character profiles.
- 1,618 words; prompt.
- 4,723 words; merged and reorganized files.
- 5,377 words; merged and reorganized files.
- Deadline, by Mira Grant.
- Girl Genius (catch-up)
- Murphey's Luck, by Benjamin Laskin
Books & Writing January 2017
Well. My writing year started off with a bang. On average I wrote 1,392 words per day, ending up with 143.85% of my original 30,000-word goal. That's taking into consideration all the days I only did my minimal of 500 words per day.This leads me to believe that for the rest of 2017 I could bump up my wordcount goals to 1,500 words per day.
I did a lot of character profiles from the Blacktree storyverse. I'm pretty sure I've got all the major characters that will be appearing in Unchained and some extra just in case. They're not 100% complete character profiles (there's no such thing) but they'll more than get me started.
Every now and then I took a stab at the world I've dubbed The Fairy Godmother Problem. I didn't focus on it but it was there to give my brain a bit of a rest while allowing me to make wordcount and feel productive. I'm almost sorry that this story is set in a fairy tale version of the 1600's because the phrase "bippity boppity fuck you" is awesome and I'll never get to use it. (At least, not in The Fairy Godmother Problem...)
To wrap up January I started working on the Seven Point Story Structure for Unchained. This will definitely be getting scrapped fairly early on but it's allowing me to get an idea of which characters are involved, what settings will come into play, and the aspects of worldbuilding I need to focus on for this particular story.
My streak of consecutive days writing was at 72 days at the end of the month. That's... damn....
- Malice in Wonderland, by Lotus Rose
- A Red Rose Chain, by Seanan McGuire
- Indexing: Reflections, by Seanan McGuire (reread)
- In Sea Salt Tears, by Seanan McGuire
- Forbid the Sea, by Seanan McGuire
- No Sooner Met, by Seanan McGuire
- Once Broken Faith, by Seanan McGuire
- Feed, by Mira Grant (aka Seanan McGuire)
Solitaire: In an alternate Detroit where magic is legal but tightly regulated, Ava - an unlicensed witch - must right a wrong that she was tricked into committing, while dodging a pair of very determined Magical Law Enforcement "witch hunters."
The Fairy Godmother Problem is a fairy tale retelling in which the fairy "helpers" are actually the source of all woe. Vipers & Pearls is the first book of this series, running a riff on Charles Perrault's Diamonds & Toads. The protagonist is the "rude sister" who was cursed to spew forth toads, snakes, and frogs whenever she speaks. Yeah, this is gonna get wild.
🎉 Books & Writing: January 2017
💖 Books & Writing: February 2017
🍀 Books & Writing: March 2017
☔ Books & Writing: April 2017
🌷 Books & Writing: May 2017
🎡 Books & Writing: June 2017
🍉 Books & Writing: July 2017
| 72 Days |
This month I'm still going to be focusing more on research and character development than on word count. I'm setting the usual 1,000 word per day goal for myself, but at the very minimum I need 444 words per day to maintain a streak on 4thewords.
42. 2,175 words; finished one Blacktree character profile and made good progress on another; worked on the research index. Read Malice In Wonderland by Lotus Rose chapters 1-2.
43. 1,063 words; worked on Blacktree character profiles and the research index. Read A Red Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire chapters 1-8.
44. 514 words; pecked listlessly at a Blacktree character profile.
45. 578 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile, research pertinent to another Blacktree character.
46. 1,438 words; nearly finished the Blacktree character profile. Read Indexing: Reflections by Seanan McGuire chapters 1-7.
47. 1,108 words; finished the Blacktree character profile, noodled on The Fairy Godmother Problem because I needed to shift gears.
48. 661 words; began a new Blacktree character profile. Finished reading Indexing: Reflections.
49. 556 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile, worked on unfucking my Pinterest. Finished reading A Red Rose Chain.
50. 1,074 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile I already know I'm going to have to completely redo dammit. Read "In Sea Salt Tears," "Forbid the Sea," and "No Sooner Met" by Seanan Mcguire.
51. 515 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
52. 1,502 words; revised and completed the Blacktree character profile; worked on unfucking my Pinterest. Read Malice In Wonderland chapters 3-6.
53. 1,062 words; worked on a Blacktree profile. Finished reading Malice in Wonderland.
54. 557 words; worked on a Blacktree profile. Read Once Broken Faith by Seanan McGuire chapters 1-11.
55. 5,301 words; worked on Blacktree profiles.
56. 2,025 words; still plugging away on Blacktree profiles. Finished reading Once Broken Faith.
57. 490 words; worked on a Blacktree profile. Worked on setting up my new tablet.
58. 726 words; worked on what has become the zero draft of Vipers & Pearls. and setting up my new tablet.
59. 1,082 words; worked on a Blacktree profile and setting up my new tablet.
60. 2,095 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile, the zero draft of Vipers & Pearls, Worked on setting up my new tablet.
61. 988 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile. Pretty much finished setting up my new tablet.
62. 543 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile. Read Feed by Mira Grant (chapters 1 - 12).
63. 1,195 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile. Finished reading Feed.
64. 1,520 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
65. 2,908 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
66. 984 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
67. 1,708 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
68. 492 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
69. 491 words; worked on a Blacktree character profile.
70. 3,398 words; finished the last profile I'm probably going to need for Unchained.
71. 992 words; worked on the Seven Point Story Structure for Unchained.
72. 3,395 words; worked on the Seven Point Story Structure for Unchained.
January 2017 in Review
Cras interdum justo quis placerat congue. Curabitur blandit purus mollis risus interdum euismod. Nunc dapibus lacus ut felis semper blandit. Aliquam malesuada eleifend diam. Mauris suscipit eleifend tortor, vel fermentum magna gravida at. Aenean porttitor, mi quis posuere tempus, elit mi finibus ipsum, id auctor magna nisi non diam. Cras eu ex quis justo porta mollis.
Sed vitae nisi sollicitudin, iaculis augue sit amet, sodales lorem. Fusce sed aliquet elit. Nam ac sem urna. Etiam tempus neque augue, ac tincidunt ligula viverra ut. Etiam placerat metus nec sem tristique, vitae mollis dolor tempor. Aliquam eleifend libero id sollicitudin dictum. Fusce eu lorem orci.
Nunc vehicula magna id nisl condimentum, id consectetur massa hendrerit. Integer ante est, tempor non imperdiet sed, porttitor nec mauris. Nulla iaculis vulputate risus, eget cursus metus vestibulum id. Curabitur viverra odio ut cursus porttitor. Duis ornare quam in eros eleifend pretium. Nullam aliquam odio non lorem vehicula vulputate. Etiam ac mattis risus. Duis lacinia, odio dignissim placerat pharetra, turpis nulla iaculis ipsum, vel consequat ante sapien vel ex. Nullam semper ligula nec nunc finibus, sed varius massa congue. Donec faucibus maximus dui, sed dictum quam fringilla at. Aenean viverra, tortor sed vehicula vehicula, est velit tincidunt diam, quis posuere metus eros ac tellus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Suspendisse vel metus hendrerit, ullamcorper lacus a, ornare dolor. Donec quis euismod nibh. Vestibulum porttitor nisl sed nunc pellentesque, pretium consectetur ligula pharetra. Donec sit amet facilisis mauris.
Morbi tempor sit amet diam ac mattis. Ut in venenatis risus, eu pharetra mi. Sed quis neque nisl. Integer ultrices neque sed placerat dignissim. Mauris non ullamcorper arcu. Integer vel lacinia lorem, nec consequat massa. Etiam placerat efficitur est at molestie. Nulla facilisi. Vivamus id vulputate ex. Fusce tristique sagittis neque, non elementum lacus pellentesque nec. Mauris non egestas ante, eu tempus nisi. Nulla quis imperdiet turpis. Nunc commodo fermentum dolor, quis rutrum enim suscipit a. In quis placerat lacus. Suspendisse hendrerit interdum elementum.